Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Purple Grimus, live at the V-Lounge

Mister and I have some friends in a band called Purple Grimus.  



They've been on a bit of a gig-hiatus, but last Thursday night they played at the V-Lounge, and I took my camera along...



There were a couple other people there with cameras/lenses/flashes that were much faster than mine, so instead of attempting to compete with the sharp images I figured they'd be capturing, I decided to go to the opposite end of the spectrum.  Rather than going for nice, crisp shots, I slowed my shutter speed right down and opted for something a little more dirty/grungy.

I was stoked with how this first one turned out.  Mike...


Here's Rich...

Introducing Kelly...

And this is Russ...

There was something about almost all of the shots that said b&w was the way to go...

This was one of the only images that I liked better in color...

And my 3 favorites...

The show was great!  And even though I was out way past my bed-time on a school-nite, I'm already looking forward to the next one.

For those of you who don't know the band, you can listen to some of their music (and find out more information) on their website at www.purplegrimus.com