Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tadpole's 1st Birthday

When I mentioned his Little Hooligans T-shirt in yesterday’s post, I realised that I still hadn’t blogged about Tadpole’s 1st birthday. It was 10 weeks ago - I’m lagging quite a bit behind.

Christmas had just passed, I’d just returned to work… we decided to skip any grand ideas about a big birthday party - we just wanted some quiet family-time instead.
To commemorate the big event, Mister, Unk and I spent an afternoon at PlayZone with the Tadpole.

We didn’t have a big family dinner either – just cupcakes...

...And presents. Of course. Who could forget the presents? Tadpole got spoiled rotten with a pedal car, a hockey helmet, some Tonka Trucks, a Detroit Redwings Jersey, and a Radio Flyer wagon - just to name a few.

One of the biggest highlights though, was that Auntie Tulip made a surprise appearance! We hadn’t seen her since Tadpole’s baby shower almost a year earlier. It was so good to have her here, even it was only for a few hours. XOXO to Auntie Tulip!